H.GCP Audio Call

Bryan Hill bhill at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Mon Mar 1 14:37:16 EST 1999

Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to participate in audio call on Thursday March
4th from 11AM until 1PM EST to discuss H.GCP.  The call details are as
follows:

Calls from outside the US:  312-470-7273
Calls from within the US: 888-847-7598
Passcode: BryanHill
Confirmation number: 5193957

Please respond to me directly to reserve a port for this call (where ever
possible please try to minimize port requirements by sharing a port with a
colleague).

The main purpose of this initial call will be to review requirements and
terminology for H.GCP which were discussed in Monterey.  I have been editing
these sections and will make them available on the ptel SG16 ftp site no
later than tomorrow 3/2.  The second purpose of the call is to identify
other areas that need to be discussed in subsequent audio calls.  An initial
pass of topics is listed below.  I would like to solicit volunteers to
submit written contribution in each of the areas identified and use these
submissions as a basis for discussing topics in future audio calls.  In this
manner I hope to scope our discussion to specific technical topics and
combine the benefits from MDCP and MGCP approaches into H.GCP.

1)      Control model
        a)      Controller to gateway associations
        b)      Controller to internal gateway entity associations
        c)      Failover
        d)      Security
2)      Connection model
        a)      Controllable entities
        b)      Controllable entity properties
3)      Commands
a)      Types
b)      Parameters
        c)      Acknowledgement styles/sequencing
4)      Messages (i.e.-command packaging)
5)      Message Encoding
6)      Resource management
7)      Scripting/Packages
8)      Interface C protocol (Q.931/Q.764)
9)      Interface B protocol (Q.931 )

Best Regards,
Bryan