H.GCP Audio Call minutes

Bryan Hill bhill at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Fri Mar 5 11:38:26 EST 1999

Colleagues,

The H.GCP audio call was held Thursday March 4th , 18 ports called in
including a group from the TIPHON meeting.  Companies represented were ATT,
Lucent, ACGS, RadVision, Cisco, Nortel, Delta Information Systems, NetSpeak,
Bellcore and others. . .
The meeting opened by reviewing a proposed working model and fleshing out
the work items that need to be addressed.   A number of individuals
committed to fleshing some of the work items prior to the next call, I would
like to thank these individuals in advance.  There was some news from TIPHON
regarding changes to the reference model and some adjustments to the
requirements they have contributed to H.GCP.  These changes will be
reflected once TDs from the Philadelphia meeting are released.  The last
hour or so was focussed on reviewing the H.GCP requirements I sent around
prior to the meeting.
The next call is tentatively planned for Thursday March 18 at 10AM EST.

The working model
Individuals will be working up submissions to be reviewed by the entire
group at the next audio call.  The objective is that the principals involved
will collaborate off line initially, post the results to the SG16 reflector
for comments and a final version will be posted for discussion in an audio
call.   The result of that final review will be added into the H.GCP by the
editor.  Every effort will be made to resolve issues in this forum but if
issues remain they will be logged and discussed in Santiago

Work items

he following work items were identified and individuals who expressed an
interest in working on them are noted.
Control Model                   Tom Taylor
Connection Model                Rex Coldren, Hong Liu, Nortel rep
Command related issues  Chip Sharp
Resource Management     Paul Sijben

Other work items
Messages (i.e.-command packaging)