H.323v3 for decision in September

Paul E. Jones paul.jones at ties.itu.int
Tue Jun 29 11:37:45 EDT 1999

Pete,

I would venture to say that, given the nature of this work, it would not be
included in H.323v3.  However, it could certainly be included in H.323v4,
which, as I noted below, will be determined in February.

There are actually a number of new features people want to add to H.323,
which is one reason for adjusting the schedule.  By deciding v3 in
September, we can focus our attention on v4, which will give us the time to
enrich H.323 in a reasonable timeframe.  It would be nearly impossible to
properly add all of the new features to v3 between now and February.

Would you be willing to bring that document as a contribution toward v4?

Paul