R:Take Care of Vicious Virus!

Tosco Federico Federico.Tosco at CSELT.IT
Fri Jun 11 05:55:01 EDT 1999

Dear Q12-14/16 experts,

I have received the following message from a US registrant of this reflector
reports posted yesterday:

>> Hi Sakae !
>> I received your email and I shall send you a reply ASAP.
>> Till then, take a look at the attached zipped docs.
>> bye.
>> <<zipped_files.exe>>

I obediently tried to read the zipped_files.exe and all the Office files on
my Windows machine were destroyed.

This seems to be due to a new virus W32/ExploreZip. Please take care!

Best regards,

Sakae OKUBO (Mr.)
Waseda Research Center
Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan (TAO)
5th Floor, Nishi-Waseda Bldg.
1-21-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
169-0051 Japan
      Tel: +81 3 5286 3830