Decided and Determined texts

Joerg Ott jo at TZI.UNI-BREMEN.DE
Fri Jun 4 03:52:04 EDT 1999

In order to give an example of why it is of importance for the MGC to know
what type of modem connection that was activated, I provide a first draft
of how text telephone support can be explained in H.gcp .
In this case the modem will indicate V.18 usage, and that means that the
media stream will be a T.140 text stream.

In the T.38 case it will be some kind of fax data stream, while for the
V.90 case, I hope that the idea would be to use it for a PPP session to
access the Internet.

So, these three modem types need quite different actions from the gateway
and it need to be reflected in the MGC interface.

Please look in the attached proposed new section to H.gcp for further
discussion and explanation.

Can anyone look into how to structure alternating between voice and text on
the SCN side during a call and leading text to the text stream and voice to
the audio stream on the IP side?  ( called "voice over" in USA ) Can we
support it?

Regards

Gunnar Hellström