Invitation from the Berlin meeting host

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Sun Jun 20 23:13:43 EDT 1999

Dear Q.12-14/16 experts,

Attached please find the invitation from the meeting host of the Rapporteur
meeting in Berlin (2-6 August 1999), Mr. Joerg Ott. If you intend to attend
the meeting, please take reservation and other actions.

The meeting notice of this Rapporteur meeting will follow very soon.

Best regards,

Sakae OKUBO (Mr.)
Waseda Research Center
Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan (TAO)
5th Floor, Nishi-Waseda Bldg.
1-21-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
169-0051 Japan
      Tel: +81 3 5286 3830
      Fax: +81 3 5287 7287
      e-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp

Dear colleagues,

we are pleased to officially invite you to the next Joint Rapporteurs
meeting of Questions 11-15 of SG 16 to be held in the city of Berlin,
Germany, 2 - 6 August 1999.  This mail should provide you with all
necessary information about the meeting itself and support you making
your travel arrangements.

Meeting Location
----------------
The meeting will be held in the Grand Hotel Esplanade close the heart of
the city.  Besides all necessary meeting facilities, the hotel features
sauna, pool, fitnes center, several restaurants, Harry's New York Bar
among others.  All rooms are equipped with phone and modem line (German
TEA plugs, RJ11-adapters are available from the concierge).  Those of you
who do have travel kits or separate German TAE-RJ11 adapters, please bring
them in any case.  Electrical current in Germany is 220V~ at 50Hz.

We have reserved a block of rooms until 1 July 1999.  Please make your
room reservations as soon as possible contacting the hotel directly.

    GRAND HOTEL ESPLANADE BERLIN
    Luetzowufer 15
    10785 Berlin-Tiergarten
    Voice: +49 30 254 78-0
    Fax:   +49 30 265 1171
    EMail: info at esplanade.de
    WWW:   http://www.esplanade.de/eframe.htm

The room rate is DEM 280,00 -- approximately USD 150 -- per night
for a single/double room.  This rate includes a breakfast buffet.

Please make sure to refer to the keyword "ITU-Meeting" when making your
reservation to obtain the special rate.  You need to guarantee the room
reservation with your credit card (as usual).  The hotel has a 72-hour
cancellation policy.  If you cancel later than 72 hours before arrival,
50% of your total room charge will have to be paid.

Registration
------------
There is a meeting fee of DEM 500,00 for early registration (up to and
including 1 July, the Hotel room block deadline), and a fee of DEM 650,00
after this date.

To allow us to make all the necessary arrangements and process payment
of the meeting fee, please register as soon as possible using the attached
fax form.  Payment can be made with Visa and Mastercard.

We are sorry that we cannot process electronic registration forms for
payment.

In addition, please send a separate e-mail registration to me and copy
the Rapporteurs on this e-mail.  Please use the subject and message body
format shown below.