H.323 call over gateway question

Ravi Kiran Valmikam vrkiran at MAILANDNEWS.COM
Wed Jul 14 00:05:17 EDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Christian Geng <christian.geng at DETEWE.DE>
> Dear Sir or Madame,
>
> We want to setup a call from a H.323 terminal to an endpoint placed in
> the PBX. This call should be via gatekeeper. Shoul first a setup been
> done to the gatekeeper?

No. It should start off with ARQ.

>How can the endpoint (callee) on the other side
> of the gatekeeper be addressed?

Terminal should send an ARQ to the GK with the alias or PBX terminal number.
GK will either give the terminal an H.225 Call Signaling Transport Address
of the GW or itself(GK) in ACF. Terminal shall simply send a Setup on that
address.

>When we do first the setup to the
> gatekeeper, we will put in the H.225.0 Setup-UUI/destinationAddress the
> AliasAddress of the gatekeeper. Is this right?

No.  You will fill the destination endpoint address(alias or PBX number) and
send it to GK.

>And were can we put in
> the address of the PBX endpoint (callee)?
> Thanks

If you are talking about Gatekeeper Routed Calling, please refer to section
8, esp 8.2 of H.323. I am attaching a small sequence diagram for further
clarifications.

regards,
Ravi/Sunil

Ravi Kiran Valmikam
VoIP Gateway Group
Hughes Software Systems
Plot 6, Sector 18, Gurgaon, 122015-HR
INDIA
Ph (off)   +91-124-346666 Ext: 2989, 2990
     (res):  +91-11-5511011
Fax(off):  +91-124-342415