14TD058

Matt Holdrege matt at ASCEND.COM
Sat Jul 10 10:02:53 EDT 1999

John,

see comments below:

John Talbot wrote:

> Edgar,
>
> Could you clarify whether your contribution represents an agreed TIPHON
> position.

My contribution is a request for Clarification on where the
SG11/Q5 IN or in general where does IN components fit in
the Tiphon IP Reference Architecture. So we can get some work done
before we meet in Berlin.

> Also, it should also be noted that the ITU-T SG11 functional architecture
> which you refer to in your contribution does not reflect the decomposed
> media gateway architecture.

The diagram I provided in 14TD058 shows the SG, MGC and MGW TIPHON's
decomposed gateway.

In SG11/Q5 they refer to the old C Ref. on a non-decomposed GW. This the
type of  understanding SG11 has and we need to work together to get agreement
and bring very one upto date.

> The potential impact this would have on the
> location of the CCF does not appear to have been considered by the ITU-T
> liaison.

The CCF that SG11/Q5 provided in the liaison statement diagram shows
the CCF on the IN side,  the CCF for IN suspends the  calls and/or
report events to the SSF.

Looking at it from the Tiphon or Megaco IP side the MGW
provides the same CCF function using the N interface to report
to the MCG. From the SG11/Q5 diagram it is referred to
as Call/Bearer (C/B) GF with a C Ref. point to H.323 GK F.

I think the information we get from TIPHON and SG16 will help
to work out these misunderstandings.

Regards,
Ed