Docuement download

Edgar Martinez [1] martinze at CIG.MOT.COM
Wed Jul 7 00:32:05 EDT 1999


This discussion has introduced a degree of confusion.

The meeting report from Santiago clearly states that H.323v3 and H.225.0v3
will be decided in 2/00.  Now we are discussing a decision of 9/99.  Which
is correct?

Are all the additions people feel are needed immediately going to be
provided in Berlin for inclusion in v3?  Will be have a full meeting
including Q.13, Wp2, and SG16 in September?  If so, how many days are
scheduled for the meeting?

Another words --- What's happening.


Robert Callaghan
Siemens Information & Communication Networks
Enterprise Switching Networks, Architecture
Tel: +1.561.997.3756    Fax: +1.561.997.3403
Email:  Robert.Callaghan at

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul E. Jones [mailto:paul.jones at TIES.ITU.INT]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 11:38 AM
To: ITU-SG16 at
Subject: Re: H.323v3 for decision in September


I would venture to say that, given the nature of this work, it would not be
included in H.323v3.  However, it could certainly be included in H.323v4,
which, as I noted below, will be determined in February.

There are actually a number of new features people want to add to H.323,
which is one reason for adjusting the schedule.  By deciding v3 in
September, we can focus our attention on v4, which will give us the time to
enrich H.323 in a reasonable timeframe.  It would be nearly impossible to
properly add all of the new features to v3 between now and February.

Would you be willing to bring that document as a contribution toward v4?


----- Original Message -----
From: Pete Cordell <pete at TECH-KNOW-WARE.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 4:01 AM
Subject: Re: H.323v3 for decision in September

> One issue I was discussing with my BT colleagues was installing an open
> framework for extensibility and feature negotiation into H.323v3.  The
> motivation for this was to enable transport of SS7, but also other
> such as DPNSS, (is CAS a digital one?) and so on.  If we were to go ahead
> guess we would have presented something in Berlin.
> Given that September is fast approaching waiting for such a scheme to
> transport things like SS7 does not seem too onerous.
> Unfortunately my colleagues are out this week, but I will attach the
> text so that people can have early sight of it.
> Regards,
> Pete
> =============================================
> Pete Cordell
> pete at
> =============================================
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul E. Jones <paul.jones at TIES.ITU.INT>
> Date: 29 June 1999 01:25
> Subject: H.323v3 for decision in September
> >Folks,
> >
> >We may attempt to decide H.323v3 in September and determine version 4 in
> >February.  Mr. Skran has asked that I post the current draft so that
> >can review the document.  This document must be delivered to the ITU by
> >June 1999.  (Please note that Annex C/H.323 is also a candidate for
> decision
> >in Septemer.)
> >
> >This document contains only minor editorial changes to the document that
> was
> >determined in Santiago.  Nonetheless, I encourage you to review the
> document
> >for any errors or omissions.
> >
> >The change marks indicate all changes that have been made since version
> >
> >Please direct any comments on the document to me.
> >
> >The document can be found here:
> >
> >
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >Paul E. Jones
> >DataBeam Corporation
> >

More information about the sg16-avd mailing list