APC request

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Tue Jan 26 20:24:24 EST 1999

Hi Chris,
Yes, we do need an agreement.  On the WHAT part, may I suggest the
following: how should a GK treat multiple aliases in an ARQ?

The answer should consider the following (and some others which I might
have missed):
1. ARQ from the caller (this is the main topic for the question)
2. SETUP. In a GK-routed, pre-granted situation, the GK does not get the
    ARQ so the SETUP may contain multiple aliases
3. ARQ from the callee.  Would this ARQ contain multiple alias, too?  If so,
    what does it mean?
4. ARQ from the caller contain multiple aliases and destCallSignalAddress
    What ought the GK do?
5. What should be returned in the ACF?
6. What to do with LRQ's (rules for sending, receiving)?

Here is my vote:
1. At a minimum, a GK shall do interpretation #1: use the first alias and
ignore the rest
2. The GK may optionally look at the other aliases. The interpretation of
these multiple
    aliases shall be determined by the particular site / administrative
domain.

Incidentally, I just realized that these discussions were on the SG-16
mailing list
and not on the h323Implementors list.  I wonder if that might be a reason
for not
hearing from other folks?

I also have a question on what you mean by consistency check of the GK dbase
during the ARQ. What are you trying to detect in this case?  I re-read your
previous
email and got the following:

>Hence what I believe SHOULD happen is that the gatekeeper
>1. If it can match anything within its zone, should ensure that different
>aliases in the ARQ do not point to different destinations within the zone.
>If there is such disagreement, the GK should return ARJ.

It seems that the above check would prevent Paul Long from doing what he was
suggesting, i.e. call "#@home, #@work, #@mobile_phone, #ofFaxMachine",
because more than one of those devices may be in the same zone.

Regards,

-santo