Multiple aliases in ARQ destinationInfo

Santo Wiryaman swiryaman at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Fri Jan 22 10:50:40 EST 1999

Paul, Chris:

First, a thank you to Paul for correcting my mistake. You are absolutely
right that the extra phone numbers are to be placed in the destExtraCallInfo
in the ARQ. I apologise for my lapse of memory and for not double checking
the standard.

Second, I agree with Chris that a single "number" that can follow a person
is a very good thing.  In the example that Chris gave, though, the user of
the endpoint "dials" a single number.  The "network" (in our case the GK)
may provide a dBase search on how to route this number at that particular
time based on some rules consistent with the service being provided.  In
this case the ARQ would contain one "number".

Of course I am not saying that if it hasn't been done it is a bad thing.  I
am merely suggesting that there may be a better way of doing it (such as the
system in the UK described by Chris).  It was not a rethoric question
either; I truly wanted to know if Paul knows of any system out there where
you can "blast" dial with multiple numbers and hope to get connected to one
of them.

I share Chris' concern about such a "blast" dial system which is
non-determinism.

Regards,

-santo