Multiple aliases in ARQ destinationInfo

Paul Long Plong at SMITHMICRO.COM
Fri Jan 22 11:36:47 EST 1999

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Santo Wiryaman [SMTP:swiryaman at VIDEOSERVER.COM]
                Sent:   Friday, January 22, 1999 7:51 AM
                To:     ITU-SG16 at mailbag.cps.intel.com
                Subject:        Re: Multiple aliases in ARQ destinationInfo

                I truly wanted to know if Paul knows of any system out there
where
                you can "blast" dial with multiple numbers and hope to get
connected to one
                of them.

No, I don't know of any.

                I share Chris' concern about such a "blast" dial system which
is
                non-determinism.

My primary interest is in raising awareness of this issue among GK vendors. As
primarily an EP vendor, we don't want our users to experience the kind of
variance in behavior that I experienced at the last interop. My secondary
interest is in having a normative or at least consensus-based agreement about
what is the right thing to do in light of the ambiguity in the
Recommendations. Lastly, I believe that interpretation 4 or possibly Chris'
improvement makes the most sense.

Paul Long
Smith Micro Software, Inc.