Notice of the Monterey meeting

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Sat Jan 9 05:26:10 EST 1999

           E-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp

           E-mail: Dale.Skran at ascend.com

      Horsham Business Center Bldg. 3
      300 Welsh Road, Horsham, PA 19044
           Tel: +1 215 657 5270 ex 23
           Fax: +1 215 657 5273
           E-mail: gthom at delta-info.com

      Subject: Notice of Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting
      Date:    ?? January 1999

Dear SG16 Colleagues,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Monterey, USA at
the kind invitation of IMTC.

Please note that Q.11/16 and Q.15/16 will meet concurrently at the same
place and have joint sessions with Q.12-14/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     15 (Monday) - 19 (Friday) February 1999
     starting at 9:00 on the first day

     Please note that this time we meet for FIVE days.

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

     Embassy Suites on Monterey Bay
     1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside
     California 93955
     USA
     Tel: +1.831.393.1115
     Fax: +1.831.393.1113 or +1.831.899.1928

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group meetings

2) Q.12/16 B-ISDN multimedia systems and terminals

 - H.321 Implementors Guide
 - MPEG packetization (jointly with Q.13)
 - Future audiovisual communication system

3) Q.13/16 Packet switched multimedia systems and terminals

 - Advance the work of H.323 V3/H.225.0 V3
 - Discussion of H.323 Annex C V3
 - Further development of GK-GK communications
 - Preparation of new H.450.x drafts for determination
 - Discussion of new SUDs

4) Q.14/16 Common protocols, MCUs and protocols for interworking with
   H.300-series terminals

 - Preparation of H.GCP for determination
 - Preparation of H.224 V2 for determination
 - Discussion of ISUP signaling transport
 - Discussion of new H.246 interworking Annexes

5) Coordination with Q.11/16 and Q.15/16

 - Requirements for IMT-2000
 - Requirements for H.26L

6) Interaction with other groups

7) Future work plan

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

   /// Registration of the document: by 5 February             ///
   /// Distribution of the document: by 8 February             ///
   /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify S.
Okubo as soon as possible, by 5 February (Friday) at the latest.
Document number (APC-1nnn) will be allocated.  Early indication of
your submission plan is welcome and encouraged.

Note - Prefix "APC" comes from Atm (Q.12/16), Packet based (Q.13/16)
and Common protocols (Q.14/16) based on coordination with Q.1
("Q1City"), Q.3 ("T120"), Q.11 ("Q11"), Q.15 ("Q15") groups.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document APC-{1nnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting                              {Date}|
| Monterey, 15-19 February 1999                                    |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their
documents as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance
of the meeting (by 8 February) by posting them at either of the
following:

  - PictureTel ftp site (please advise S. Okubo of your posting)

        Site:       standard.pictel.com/avc-site
        Login name: anonymous
        Directory:  Incoming

  - Q.12-14/16 experts reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at mailbag.jf.intel.com

        Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is
        voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /9902_Mon directory of
the ftp site.

5)     Please bring 60 copies of your document to Monterey. Your
cooperation is needed to start the meeting with all the documents at
hand; please note that the copying capacity at the meeting site is
very limited.

6)     The document distribution / handling at the meeting
will be electronic (i.e. participants must bring their laptops along).

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please see the invitation distributed by the meeting host
(ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/9902_Mon/Invitation_Monterey.zip).

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To confirm your meeting attendance, please reply directly to Georgia
Lund (georgia at inventures.com) and include the following information
for each individual from your organization attending the meeting:

Mr./Ms. ?:
Name:
Job Title:
Company:
Official Mailing Address:
Phone:
Fax:
E-mail:

Will you attend the reception on Tuesday, February 16, 1999?

Please indicate which of the group(s) below you intend to participate
in:

 * Plenary meeting (Q.11-15)
 * Q.11
 * Q.12-14
 * Q.15

with copy to three Rapporteurs (e-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp,
Dale.Skran at ascend.com, gthom at delta-info.com).

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please directly contact Embassy Suites on Monterey Bay using the form
included in the host's invitation as indicated in 5 above.

Participants are requested to book at the Embassy Suites, as its
"conference arrangement" price is very reasonable, paying also for the
conference facilities including beverages. Your cooperation helps the
meeting host.

CUTOFF DATE for the special room rate is Wednesday, 27 January 1999.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Monterey.

     Sincerely yours,

     Sakae OKUBO
     Dale SKRAN
     Gary THOM