Implementers Guide- pls review

Jim Toga jim.toga at INTEL.COM
Fri Feb 5 13:32:43 EST 1999

Juan,

More specifically to answer your question.  There are no 'standards police'
(as I'm often heard to say).

However, the International Multimedia Teleconferencing Consortium
(wwww.imtc.org) is acknowleged as being one of (if not the only) leading
_independant_ orgainizations to provide testing venues in this area
(H.323).  They recently held (and hope to continue) the first event
combined with testing of products within ETSI-Tiphon.

The goal of these test is two-fold: to gain compliance with the
specifications but more importantly, to gain compatability between all
vendors products.

Ultimately it is the marketplace that requires compliance.

Regards,
jimt.

At 12:15 PM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Juan C Uribe G wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any organization that test an application that claims to be H323
>> compatible?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> NetMeeting is sending me a Release complete message without
>>         the Cause IE or the ReleaseCompleteReason
>> wich I believe is ruled out in H225 section 7.3.10
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Juan C Uribe G
>
>Elemedia (http://www.elemedia.com)
>
>--
>William Pimentel
>w-piment at uniandes.edu.co

+1-503-264-8816(voice)              Intel - Hillsboro, OR
 mailto:jim.toga at intel.com         mailto:james.toga at ties.itu.int
 PGP keyID 36 07 86 49 7D 74 DF 57  50 CB BA 32 08 9C 7C 41