H.323 Mobility: Updated MTD-06 (Functional Architecture Diagram)

Jaakko Sundquist jaakko.sundquist at NOKIA.COM
Fri Dec 17 06:04:01 EST 1999

Hi Ed & all,

As was agreed I updated the H.323 Mobility Functional Architecture Diagram.
The diagram is included in the document I'm sending. The document itself is
an updated version of MTD-06, with some of the text (as well as the diagram)
updated and the example scenarios taken out (as they did not make as much
sense after the changes in the diagram).
Please note also that on the first page of the document I have listed the
companies that agreed on the diagram being a part of the Annex H draft. I
was not quite sure which companies were present in the telephony conference,
so I listed only those that I felt were surely there. If there is a mistake
in the list, please let me and the Annex H editor, Mr. Martinez, know about
it (and I apologize already beforehand for my mistake) and we will correct
it.
We should also probably have a discussion about the diagram in the mailing
list. It seems to me that, especially if the Hinter interface is accepted,
there may be some quite unnecessary interfaces in the diagram now...
I will also upload the diagram to:
ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/Incoming/H323_Mobility/

Have a nice weekend (studying the wonderful possibilities of H.323 Mobility
:-)

 <<MTD-06a.zip>>

- Jaakko Sundquist
     In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.
 Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of
     worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare,
sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat:
     it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.