H.323 mobility first draft

Roy, Radhika R, ALARC rrroy at ATT.COM
Tue Aug 24 09:52:42 EDT 1999

Dear Sir or Madam,

let me please put a question concerning the H.323/H.225 call signalling
and RAS parameters.

Going on the assumption that the gatekeeper routed call model is chosen,
we would like to know how to interpret "destCallSignalAddress" and
"srcCallSignalAddress".
We focus on following configuration:
endpoint A <-> gatekeeper <-> endpoint B, where endpoint A is the
initiator of a call.

1. Is it correct that the CallSignalAddress of the gatekeeper is to be
used as the destCallSignalAddress for messages sent from endpoint A or
endpoint B?
2. Is it correct that the CallSignalAddress of the gatekeeper is to be
used as the srcCallSignalAddress for messages sent from the gatekeeper
to endpoint A or endpoint B?
3. Is it correct that the CallSignalAddress of endpoint B is to be used
as the srcCallSignalAddress for messages sent from endpoint B to the
gatekeeper (e.g. ARQ  message) although endpoint B is the called party
and not the calling one?

Maybe there is a generic definition for "source" and "destination" for
multi-station-calls.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards,
Wolfgang Bandow