H.245v6 ASN.1 tree?

Paul Long Plong at SMITHMICRO.COM
Thu Aug 12 10:13:30 EDT 1999

Mike,

Oh, yeah, you're right! I gotta get used to genericCapabilities. Without
looking closely at the other TDs, I thought they introduced new syntax.
Thanks.

So even though H.323v3 is Decided, we may modify the syntax for H.245v6,
based on SG8's response regarding T.38?

Paul Long
Smith Micro Software, inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: mike.nilsson at BT.COM
To: ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
Sent: 8/12/99 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: H.245v6 ASN.1 tree?

Paul,

The only change to the syntax for V6 that I am aware of is the change
given
below (from TD69/PLEN of Santiago), where ** is used to label additions.

MediaTransportType      ::=CHOICE
{
        ip-UDP          NULL,
        ip-TCP          NULL,
        atm-AAL5-UNIDIR NULL, -- virtual circuits used as unidirectional
        atm-AAL5-BIDIR  NULL, -- virtual circuits used as bidirectional
        ...,
**      atm-AAL5-compressed     SEQUENCE
**      {
**              variable-delta  BOOLEAN ,
**              ...
**      }

}

At the Berlin meeting there were discussion regarding the T.38 fax
codepoints - we had received a liaison from SG8 that showed that there
were
differences between T.38 Annex B and H.245 V5. We replied to them
suggesting
a syntax addition to H.245 (V6) to allow the additional fields in T.38
Annex
B to be signalled. I am assuming that we will not include these changes
in
H.245 until we have received a response from SG8.

I have not made a new syntax - it did not seem worth the effort - and I
am
not aware of anyone else doing so.

Best regards

Mike