H.245v6 ASN.1 tree?

mike.nilsson at BT.COM mike.nilsson at BT.COM
Thu Aug 12 04:56:57 EDT 1999

Paul,

The only change to the syntax for V6 that I am aware of is the change given
below (from TD69/PLEN of Santiago), where ** is used to label additions.

MediaTransportType      ::=CHOICE
{
        ip-UDP          NULL,
        ip-TCP          NULL,
        atm-AAL5-UNIDIR NULL, -- virtual circuits used as unidirectional
        atm-AAL5-BIDIR  NULL, -- virtual circuits used as bidirectional
        ...,
**      atm-AAL5-compressed     SEQUENCE
**      {
**              variable-delta  BOOLEAN ,
**              ...
**      }

}

At the Berlin meeting there were discussion regarding the T.38 fax
codepoints - we had received a liaison from SG8 that showed that there were
differences between T.38 Annex B and H.245 V5. We replied to them suggesting
a syntax addition to H.245 (V6) to allow the additional fields in T.38 Annex
B to be signalled. I am assuming that we will not include these changes in
H.245 until we have received a response from SG8.

I have not made a new syntax - it did not seem worth the effort - and I am
not aware of anyone else doing so.

Best regards

Mike

* Mike Nilsson                           Tel:   +44 1473 645413      *
* Applications Technology Group          Fax:   +44 1473 645011      *
* Internet and Multimedia Applications   Email: mike.nilsson at bt.com  *
* BT Advanced Communications Technology Centre   [B54 Room 94]       *
* Adastral Park                                                      *
* Martlesham Heath                                                   *
* Ipswich IP5 3RE                                                    *
* UK                                                                 *