ARQ Message Information ELement values

Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI fxk at TIDWEB.GRENOBLE.HP.COM
Wed Aug 4 09:42:47 EDT 1999

Hello Sanjeev,

  Sanjeev> According to my understanding the srcInfo of ARQ and the
  Sanjeev> sourceAddress of SETUP are not related. Considering case
  Sanjeev> ii, when you send a ARQ (after receiving SETUP from EP2)
  Sanjeev> ,the srcInfo will be relevant to EP1 and not to EP2.

  Sanjeev> Correct me I'am wrong.

Sorry, but H.225.0 section 7.11.1 (ARQ fields description) states:

srcInfo: [...] When sending the ARQ to answer a call, srcInfo
indicates the originator of the call.

Concerning case 2, this means that srcInfo is the address of EP2.

Regards.
        Fix.

PS: I think this discussion would be better placed on the
h323implementors mailing list, don't you ?

--
Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI -- tel:+33.4.76.14.63.27 fax:+33.4.76.14.16.86