H.450.3 supplementary service Interrogation

Korpi, Markku Markku.Korpi at ICN.SIEMENS.COM
Tue Aug 31 18:28:07 EDT 1999

Vivek ,
The interrogation construct came unchanged from ISO Qsig to H.450.3.
The range "0..29" in
  IntResultList   ::= SET SIZE (0..29) OF IntResult
allows interrogating of 30 services.

The range certainly should not be "0..2". An instance of IntResult can arise
for every basic service (when interrogating for all basic services) and for
every diversion type (3). There are 9 basic services defined in the ECMA and
ISO standards, so this would seem to give a theoretical limit of 27. The max
index of 29 therefore does no harm. It would need increasing if the number
of basic services were to be increased.

Regards
Markku

Markku Korpi
Siemens Information & Communication Networks
4900 Old Ironsides Dr., Santa Clara, CA95052, U.S.A.
Tel. +1 408 492 7328, Mobile +1 408 390 5677, Fax. +1 408 492 4666