Santiago meeting information

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Tue Apr 20 23:38:18 EDT 1999

Gaurav,

Nope, it is one single logical gateway. It has only one
terminalAlias (something like voip-gw.hotmail.com). But it
supports outgoing voice calls to area codes 408 and 409.

As specified in section 7.2.2 of H.323 V2 spec para 2
"The use of multiple transport addresses may simplify
the routing of calls to specific ports". I am trying to
simplify routing in my gateway.

Is the above statement in H.323 V2 correct now? Is there
anyone on the list who has tried to do something like
above?

Or is it that, to acheive my goal I have to divide
my gateway into logical H.323 entities which I am
not sure is needed.
(if each registration of RRQ is allocated a different
endpoint identifier then from GK perspective there are
multiple H.323 entities).

Regards,
-Chris

PS: Endpoint identifier is allocated by GK and returned
to endpoint via RCF. (The same endpoint identifier will
be used in keep alive RRQs.) If multiple RRQ's like I proposed
in my original mail is allowed by H.323 V2 then the
second RRQ would copy the endpoint identifier from
first RCF.

>Hi Chris,
>     As per my understanding, you are talking of different logical
gateways
>that
>are bundled together into a single *box*. Each such logical gateway
must
>register with the gatekeeper. The terminalAlias could be used to
identify
>the
>logical GW and the callSignalAddress would specify the contact point.
Hence,