e164 vs. partyNumber aliases

Callaghan, Robert Robert.Callaghan at ICN.SIEMENS.COM
Wed Apr 14 13:48:52 EDT 1999

Santo,

This is an interesting problem.

However, as the E164 alias is a user dialed number, it will include such
thing as "011" for international calls.  However, if the call uses a foreign
gateway, the gateway will not understand "011" as it is expecting "00" to
indicate an international call so it will treat "0" as a national call and
try to send the call to "11+".  The structured values in partyNumber
indication the unique number without any identification or routing
information.  Therefore a number indicated as an international number is
valid anywhere in the world.

Bob

Robert Callaghan
Siemens Information & Communication Networks
Tel: +1.561.997.3756    Fax: +1.561.997.3403
Email:  Robert.Callaghan at ICN.Siemens.com