Annex G and Roaming?

Roy, Radhika R, ALCOO rrroy at ATT.COM
Tue Apr 27 11:42:42 EDT 1999

Douglas:

I agree with you.

We also discussed this topic last year. It is also true that some kind of
roaming can be supported the way H.323 (H.323, H.225.0, H.225.0 Annex G,
H.245) standards are there. It depends what we actually mean by roaming.
There should be some kind of common understandings or standards what kinds
of roaming services are to be supported. For example, per call authorzation
is one way of satisfying roaming requirements.

Now we need to define the scope or requirements of roaming in a standard
way. Accordingly, we have to see how much of these requirements we already
can support in the existing standards, and what else we need to develop in
standards.

Radhika R. Roy
AT&T