FW: RRQ Registration in H.323 V2

Chris Purvis Chris.Purvis at MADGE.COM
Thu Apr 22 10:02:47 EDT 1999

Chris (R) [Why do your mails come from RobB???],

>From this description it seems fairly clear that you (logically, from a
protocol point of view) have two gateways that happen to be collocated.  The
only alias you're passing around is the phone number, and that wants to go
to different places according to how it starts.  However in an earlier mail
you said you only had a single gateway because you only have a single
terminalAlias ("something like voip-gw.hotmail.com").  As this alias appears
not to be passed around at any point during call setup it appears
irrelevant, although registering the same alias to different (logical)
gateways to the same gatekeeper at the same time may cause problems to some
gatekeepers.

Regards,
Chris