H.323 Implementers Guide Edits

Espen Skjæran Espen.Skjaeran at ERICSSON.COM
Tue Apr 20 04:12:40 EDT 1999

Jim,

Concerning the use of lightweight RRQ:

A lightweight RRQ consists of (ref h225.0, 7.9.1 : "keepAlive, endpointIdentifier,
gatekeeperIdentifier, tokens, and timeToLive")
A gatekeeper receiving a lightweight RRQ in cases the registration has aged (and is
removed) has no information of where to reply to this RRQ. Using the gk discovery port
and RRQ sender's IP address is not a good option.

Can we add rasAddress to this list in section 7.9.1 of H.225.0 ?

Espen