Synchronization Of Streams

Tom-PT Taylor taylor at NORTELNETWORKS.COM
Thu Apr 29 12:37:50 EDT 1999

This is a question which affects the design of the Media gateway control
protocol.  What information must be passed to the MG so it knows which media
streams have to be synchronized?  Is it sufficient that the MG knows which
streams are flowing over the same user connection, or does the relationship
have to be specified on a per-stream basis.  I know that H.245 allows the
latter, but I am considering the possibility of a Termination in a
multimedia context, which binds together multiple H.245 Logical Channels.
Under that circumstance, can the MG use rules to know that, for instance,
audio and video are synchronized but data flows independently?

Tom Taylor
E-mail: taylor at nortelnetworks.com  (internally Tom-PT Taylor)
Tel.: +1 613 736 0961     (ESN 396-1490)
FAX: same number by prior arrangement (manual answer).