FW: E.164 Resolution

Nancy-M Greene Nancy-M.Greene.ngreene at NT.COM
Wed Sep 9 15:15:11 EDT 1998

Hi Everyone:

I like to refer to a contribution - R. Scholl, "RFI: Requirements for Very
Large Scale E.164 -> IP Database", ETSI EP TIPHON 9, Portland, 31 Aug.-03
Sept 1998.

The findings of this contribution can be interesting to the ITU-T SG16 as
well. For example, "...The name space will eventually be completely flat. ..
A flat name space (or number space) facilitates number portability...This is
contrary to the hierarchical DNS or X.500 name sapce. .. a flat name space
does not necessarily mean a flat database architecture. .."

As we go forward for the H.323 addressing schemes, this paper might also
provide us some help in that direction.

Regards,

Radhika R. Roy
AT&T