No root node

Santo Wiryaman swiryaman at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Fri Sep 4 12:29:31 EDT 1998

Hi All,

I am not at all opposed to eliminating the root domain.  A couple of
questions for Pete and the group:

1.      Are you suggesting that at the national level the border elements
are fully meshed together, or alternatively arranged in a big ring as
Radhika is suggesting?
2.      If so, when a new country "goes on-line" endpoints in the new
country would not be reachable until the information is propagated in this
fully meshed database (or inserted in the ring).
3.      Same if, say France, had to switch its National H.323 Border Element
from Paris to Lyons for one week.
4.      Are you open to the idea of a global clearing house to resolve the
address of border elements of countries which are currently not listed in
the fully-meshed database.

Regards,

Santo Wiryaman
Videoserver