Border Element

Jim Toga jim.toga at INTEL.COM
Thu Oct 15 19:30:04 EDT 1998

A border element is approximately equal to a GK.  It is definately part of
an administrative domain.  It is envisioned (at least by some) to be part
of a zone within the administrative domain.

jimt.

At 04:03 PM 10/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have some questions regarding the border element (BE):
>
>Is the BE administer by a GK? in this sense does it belong to any
>particular zone within the admin domain?
>
>If it isn't administered then is this jerarquical diagram correct?:
>
>         BE
> ________|_________
>|        |         |
>GK      GK        BE
>
>      / |  \
>     T MCU GW
>

>This would mean that the BE is another H.323 entity, right?
>
>Thanks to those who can shed some light on this.
>
>--
>William Pimentel
>w-piment at uniandes.edu.co

***  +1-503-264-8816(voice)              Intel - Hillsboro, OR.
    ***
***  mailto:jim.toga at intel.com         mailto:james.toga at ties.itu.int ***
***  PGP keyID 36 07 86 49 7D 74 DF 57  50 CB BA 32 08 9C 7C 41 ***