R:Mr. Tosco report of WP2/16

Tosco Federico Federico.Tosco at CSELT.IT
Mon Oct 12 05:27:04 EDT 1998

           E-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp

           E-mail: Dale.Skran at ascend.com

      Horsham Business Center Bldg. 3
      300 Welsh Road, Horsham, PA 19044
           Tel: +1 215 657 5270 ex 23
           Fax: +1 215 657 5273
           E-mail: gthom at delta-info.com

      Subject: Notice of Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting
      Date:    8 October 1998

Dear SG16 Colleagues,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Torino,
Italy at the kind invitation of CSELT.

Please note that Q.11/16 will meet concurrently at the same place and
have joint sessions with Q.12-14/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     17 (Tuesday) - 20 (Friday) November 1998
     starting at 9:00 on the first day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

     CSELT
     Via Reiss Romoli 274
     10148 TORINO
     Italy
     Tel: +39 011 2285521
     Fax: +39 011 2285295

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group meetings

2) Q.12/16 B-ISDN multimedia systems and terminals

 - White contribution for H.222.0 Amend. 6
 - H.321 Implementors Guide
 - MPEG packetization
 - Future AV communication system

3) Q.13/16 Packet switched multimedia systems and terminals

 - Issue white papers for H.450.4/5/6/7, H.323 Annexes E/F/G
 - Advance the work of H.323 V3/H.225.0 V3

4) Q.14/16 Common protocols, MCUs and protocols for interworking with
   H.300-series terminals

 - Review Recommendations for decision at next SG16 meeting: H.245V5,
   H.341 (H.MediaMib), H.283 (H.RDC)
 - Preparation of H.246 Annexes for determination
 - Discussion of new H.246 interworking Annexes
 - Discussion of new H.341 Annexes

5) Any other Q.12-14/16 related matters

 - Interaction with other groups

6) Future work

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

   /// Registration of the document: by 6 November             ///
   /// Distribution of the document: by 10 November            ///
   /// Use the ftp site (or e-mail reflector) for distribution ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify S.
Okubo as soon as possible, by 6 November (Friday) at the latest.
Document number (APC-1nnn) will be allocated.  Early indication of
your submission plan is welcome.

Note - Prefix "APC" comes from Atm (Q.12/16), Packet based (Q.13/16)
and Common protocols (Q.14/16) based on coordination with Q.1
("Q1City"), Q.3 ("T120"), Q.11 ("Q11"), Q.15 ("Q15") groups.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document APC-{1nnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting                              {Date}|
| Torino, 17-20 November 1998                                      |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their
documents as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance
of the meeting (by 10 November) by posting them at either of the
following:

  - PictureTel ftp site (please advise S. Okubo of your posting)

        Site:       standard.pictel.com/avc-site
        Login name: anonymous
        Directory:  Incoming

  - Q.12-14/16 experts reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at mailbag.jf.intel.com

        Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is
        voluminous.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from /9811_Tor directory of
the ftp site.

5)     Please bring 60 copies of your document to Torino. Your
cooperation is needed to start the meeting with all the documents at
hand; please note that the copying capacity at the meeting site is
limited.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please see the attached information from the meeting host.

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please notify the following person (Mr. Tosco's secretary) of your
participation as soon as possible, by 10 November at the latest:

  Donatella Bertolotti
  Tel: +39 011 2285521
  Fax: +39 011 2285295
  E_mail: donatella.bertolotti at cselt.it

with copy to three Rapporteurs (e-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp,
Dale.Skran at ascend.com, gthom at delta-info.com).

7. Hotel Room Reservation

Please directly contact a hotel suggested in Mr. Tosco's message as
attached.

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Torino.

     Sincerely yours,

     Sakae OKUBO
     Dale SKRAN
     Gary THOM