Updated APC-1480 uploaded

Douglas Clowes dclowes at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Sun Nov 29 21:22:38 EST 1998

Pete,

Your interpretation of the sentence would permit us to achieve what we want to do with no rewording. As Martin mentioned, we are trying to use the tokens and cryptoTokens field that comes with all H.225.0 message UUIEs to provide security services for H.245 messages. This then implies that whenever a H.245 message is to be sent, there is a "need" for transmission of a Q.931 message, since there is a "need" for using the tokens and cryptoTokens field of the Q.931 message UUIE. With that interpretation, we are set. Thanks.

Regards,
Senthil
 ----------
To: ITU-SG16
Subject: Re: Tunneling in FACILITY
Date: Thursday, November 26, 1998 3:59PM

The point is what we should do with the H.245 tunneling mode when there is
no Facility message to be sent but we still want to secure the tunneled
message with the ClearText and CryptoTokens.

Idea is to send "dummy" information in the facility message containing at
least some "useless" information. However, when the facility message would
empty as specified in H.323v2 section 8.2.1 then the CryptoTokens and
ClearTokens could not be used.

Martin.