AW: Usage of CallID in H.323v2 for rerouted (diverted, transferre d,.. .) calls

Klaghofer Karl PN VS LP3 Karl.Klaghofer at VS.SIEMENS.DE
Mon Nov 16 08:33:31 EST 1998

Chris,

Thanks for your comment.

CRV is unique just at one signalling link of a call (e.g. between EP A and
GK; and may be different between GK and EP2 of the same call) .

Since CallID may be preserved when calls are redirected (incl. transfer,
forward,...), the CallID actually identifies the call scenario and not
exactly one call. I think this is fine.

A CallLegID would be a new identifier that is somehow in between CallID and
CRV by identifying exactly one call (or call attempt) between two endpoints.
We might think about for H.225.0v3.

Regards,
Karl

        Isn't this the CRV, that's always been there?