Mechanisms for Extending H.225.0 without Adding to the Core Protocol

Callaghan, Robert Robert.Callaghan at SIEMENSCOM.COM
Fri Nov 13 08:49:47 EST 1998

Pete,

I fully agree that this feature is needed.

It is available _today_!

The ability to transport standard and manufactures specific (proprietary)
features is intrinsic to H.450.1.  The term standard includes any ITU or ISO
associated standards organization, including regional and national bodies.
Using a small envelope, a user can place any information in any H.225.0
message.  It includes call independent signaling.  It includes the ability
to address the message to a node in the call path.

Since this service already exists, I do not see a need for a second
implementation.

Bob

Robert Callaghan
Siemens Information & Communication Networks
Tel: +1.561.997.3756    Fax: +1.561.997.3403
Email:  Robert.Callaghan at ICN.Siemens.com