New SG15 Question

Sakae OKUBO okubo at giti.or.jp
Wed Nov 4 22:14:47 EST 1998

Dear Mr. Tosco,
Dear Mr. Thom,

> Dear all (Rapporteurs),
>
> I attach a message of John Magill and the text of a new question of SG15,
> which seems to duplicate the work we are doing in SG16, in particular in
> WP2.
> I attach also the comments of Fabio Bigi, who suggests to prepare a
> contribution stating the results we have already achieved and the studies we
> are performing; finally I attach my answer to him.
> As you can see, I am proposing that, if the idea to prepare a contribution
> is confirmed, we will try to finalize a text during the Torino meeting, on
> the basis of a draft that you could prepare before the meeting.
>
> Looking forward to receiving your comments,

I have taken my liberty to issue APC-1449 by name of Mr. Thom and placed it at

 ftp://standard.pictel.com/avc-site/9809_Gen/9811_Tor/APC-1449.zip
or
 http://standard.pictel.com/ftp/avc-site/9809_Gen/9811_Tor/APC-1449.zip

whose cover sheet reads:

Source:  Rapporteur for Q14/16 (Gary THOM)
Title:   New Question of SG15 on PSTN to Internet Gateway
Purpose: Discussion

_______________________

This contribution contains the following materials on the proposed new
Question of SG15 "Gateway Equipment Interconnecting PSTN and IP Networks":

- TD-74 (PLEN) of SG15 "New Question on Functionality and Interface
Specifications for PSTN to Internet Protocol Gateway Equipment"

- Messages from the SG16 management team

Best regards,

Sakae OKUBO (Mr.)
Waseda Research Center
Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan (TAO)
5th Floor, Nishi-Waseda Bldg.
1-21-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
169-0051 Japan
      Tel: +81 3 5286 3830