H.323 over ISDN

TADRIST Azdine CNET/DSE/ISS azdine.tadrist at CNET.FRANCETELECOM.FR
Wed May 27 14:08:27 EDT 1998

It seems that I have a few problems to send this mail. I wish this time
will be the good one...

------------------

  Dear colleagues,

  I'm Mr Azdine Tadrist, and as a colleague of Mr Jean-Pierre Blin,
I spent a few times on a draft annex of H.323 regarding the use
of V.140 for H.323 point-to-point communications over ISDN.
  This draft was discussed in Japan last February.

  There it was decided that the annex should specify default PPP
parameters that would be implemented by such terminals. Actually, as I was
not
in Japan, I don't really understand what was meant by PPP parameters ;
did you mean LCP configuration options ?

  If so, these parameters have default values defined in RFC 1661 ;
does anybody disagree with using these values ?

  Moreover, the same values could be set within a multilink configuration,
as the same LCP rules apply in that case. Plus, we could recommend
RFC 1990 (MP) as a choice for a multilink protocol, if there is nobody
objects.

  If you could be somehow helpful in that issue, or wanted to comment
or even criticize these points, I would really appreciate. Thanks (and
see most of you in Cannes).

--