Notice of the Q.12-14/16 Cannes meeting

Sakae OKUBO okubo at MXZ.MESHNET.OR.JP
Tue May 12 19:52:24 EDT 1998

           E-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp

           E-mail: Dale.Skran at ascend.com

      Horsham Business Center Bldg. 3
      300 Welsh Road, Horsham, PA 19044
           Tel: +1 215 657 5270 ex 23
           Fax: +1 215 657 5273
           E-mail: gthom at delta-info.com

      Subject: Notice of Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting
      Date:    13 May 1998

Dear SG16 Colleagues,

The subject meeting of ITU-T SG16 experts will be held in Cannes,
France at the kind invitation of France Telecom/CNET.

Please note that Q.11 will meet concurrently at the same place and have
joint sessions with Q.12-14/16.

1. Date
^^^^^^^

     8 (Monday) - 11 (Thursday) June 1998
     starting at 9:00 on the first day

2. Venue
^^^^^^^^

     Noga Hilton Cannes
     50, La Croisette
     F-06414 Cannes Cedex
     Tel: + 33 4 93 99 70 00
     Fax: + 33 4 92 99 70 17

3. Topics (tentative)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1) Review of the relevant group meetings

2) Q.12/16 B-ISDN multimedia systems and terminals

 - Progress in security, VBR, interworking and other technical aspects
 - Future direction of ATM based broadband systems

3) Q.13/16 Packet switched multimedia systems and terminals

 - Decision/Determination as in Section 5.8/APC-1372
 - Final liaison to June SG8 decision meeting for T.38
 - MIB work with Q14
 - Other technical work

4) Q.14/16 Common protocols, MCUs and protocols for interworking with
   H.300-series terminals

 - H.235 V2 issues
 - H.245 V5 for Determination (9/98)
 - H.246 Annex B for Determination (9/98)
 - Other H.246 annexes and issues
 - H.MediaMIB for Determination (9/98)
 - Other H.MediaMIB issues
 - H.RDC for Determination (9/98)
 - Other technical issues

5) Any other Q.12-14/16 related matters

 - Interaction with other groups

6) Future work

4. Documents
^^^^^^^^^^^^

   /// Registration of the document: by 29 May                 ///
   /// Distribution of the document: by 1 June                 ///
   /// Use the ftp site or e-mail reflector for distribution.  ///

1)     When you are going to submit a document, please notify S.
Okubo as soon as possible, by 29 May (Friday) at the latest.
Document number (APC-1nnn) will be allocated.  Early indication of
your submission plan is welcome.

Note - Prefix "APC" comes from Atm (Q.12/16), Packet based (Q.13/16)
and Common protocols (Q.14/16) based on coordination with Q.1
("Q1City"), Q.3 ("T120"), Q.11 ("Q11"), Q.15 ("Q15") groups.

2)     You are advised to include a header as follows:

| ITU Telecommunication Standardization Sector  Document APC-{1nnn}|
| Study Group 16                            {Version m if relevant}|
| Q.12-14/16 Rapporteur Meeting                              {Date}|
| Cannes, 8-11 June 1998                                           |
| SOURCE*: {                                               }       |
| TITLE  : {                                               }       |
| PURPOSE: {Proposal, Discussion, Information, Report, etc.}       |
|                       _________________________                  |
|  *Contact: Name, e-mail                                          |

3)     All the contributors are requested to distribute their
documents as early as possible, at least 7 calendar days in advance
of the meeting (by 1 June) by posting them at either of the
following:

  - PictureTel ftp site (please advise S. Okubo of your posting)

        Site:       standard.pictel.com/avc-site
        Login name: anonymous
        Directory:  Incoming

  - Q.12-14/16 experts reflector

        e-mail address: itu-sg16 at mailbag.jf.intel.com

        Please avoid the use of reflector when your document is
        voluminous.

Use of Word for Windows 2.0 or 6 or pure text is recommended.

4)     Input documents can be retrieved from 9806_Can directory of the
ftp site.

5)     Please bring 60 copies of your document to Cannes.  Your
cooperation is needed to start the meeting with all the documents at
hand; please note that the copying capacity at the meeting site is
limited.

5. Logistic information
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please see the invitation which has been provided by the meeting host
(/9806_Can/invitation.zip at the ftp site).

6. Registration
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please notify Mr. Azdine TADRIST (e-mail:
azdine.tadrist at cnet.francetelecom.fr)
with copy to Rapporteurs (e-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp,
Dale.Skran at ascend.com, gthom at delta-info.com) as soon as possible if
you plan to attend the Cannes meeting.

7. Hotel Room Reservation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please directly contact the following hotel using the form contained in
the invitation.

Noga Hilton Cannes
50, La Croisette
F-06414 Cannes Cedex
Tel:    + 33 4 93 99 70 00
Fax:    + 33 4 92 99 70 17

Citadines Carnot Aparthotel
1, rue Le Poussin (at the corner of Boulevard Carnot)
06400 Cannes, France
Tel:    + 33 4 92 98 34 34
Fax:    + 33 4 93 38 84 09

We are looking forward to meeting with you in Cannes.

     Sincerely yours,

     Sakae OKUBO
     Dale SKRAN
     Gary THOM