ad hoc Multipoint Conference - about Gatekeeper routing

Jim Toga jtoga at JF.INTEL.COM
Fri Mar 6 17:43:27 EST 1998

It is most definitely not a requirement to have the GK route a call which
is expanded in an ad-hoc fashion.  The MC location must be known from the
point at which the first two participants complete their connection, but
the MC may reside with one of the two endpoints.

If the MC is 'hidden' behind the GK and it is routing the call, the GK
simply signals as it _is_ the MC.

jimt.

At 10:24 PM 3/6/98 +0800, you wrote:
>     Dear All,
>
>     Is it a must for the Gatekeeper to route the Call Signalling Channel
>     and H.245 Control Channel in order to support ad hoc Multipoint
>     Conference?
>
>     If it is a must, what shall the Gatekeeper and MC do? Is it correct
>     that Gatekeeper shall pass (redirect)the transport address of the two
>     endpoints to MC and let MC to start the Capability exchange procedure
>     (TerminalCapabilitySet) with them? So that the previous H.245 channel
>     between the two endpoint can becomes two H.245 between the two
>     endpoint and the MC?
>

>          GateKeeper
>             / \                    One H.245 Control Channel between
>            /   \                   Endpoint1 and Endpoint2
>           /     \                  routed by Gatekeeper
>     Endpoint1   Endpoint2
>
>             MC
>             / \                    Two H.245 Control Channels between
>            /   \                   the two endpoint and MC
>           /     \
>     Endpoint1   Endpoint2
>

>     Thank you for answering my question!
>
>     Best Regards,
>     Vincent Chen
>     E-mail: VincentSHChen at acer.com.tw

***  +1-503-264-8816(voice)             +1-503-264-3485(fax)          ***
***  jtoga at ideal.intel.com              Intel - Hillsboro, OR.        ***
***  PGP keyID 36 07 86 49 7D 74 DF 57  50 CB BA 32 08 9C 7C 41***