H.225.0/RAS ICV calculation

Pekka Pessi Pekka.Pessi at research.nokia.com
Wed Jun 24 04:12:20 EDT 1998

        Hello,

        While debugging our ASN.1/PER encoder, I noticed a problem with
        the way ICV is calculated in H.225.0.

        Briefly, the PER encodings change when a SEQUENCE type is further
        extended, even if the new extension additions are not included in
        the SEQUENCE value.

        The issue prevents interoperability between software using H.225.0
        version 2 and software using any version, it should be solved before
        any version 2 devices are released.

                                                Pekka Pessi