H.225.0 clarifications

Jim Toga jim.toga at INTEL.COM
Mon Jul 6 14:11:24 EDT 1998

Glen,

If we're going to do #1 we really should establish what the 'data' is to
be... (does that make it into #2 ?)

We could simply set the GlobalIyUniqueID to 0 and that is the 'magic' value.

jimt.

At 01:10 PM 7/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>A couple clarifications may be needed regarding the IRQ message in
>H.225.0.
>
>Item 2:
>The callIdentifier field is not currently optional in the IRQ. I see
>these possibilities for callIdentifier in the case of a request for
>information about all calls:
>
>1) state that if callReferenceValue is 0, this field is to be ignored
>but filled with some data
>
>2) state that callIdentifier should be set to some dummy value, such as
>all zeros
>
>3) change the ASN.1 definition so that callIdentifier is OPTIONAL, and
>add appropriate text regarding its use in the field definition
>
>Since callIdentifier is defined as a SEQUENCE to allow possible future
>expansion, I'd suggest option 1.
>
>Please comment.
>

>Glen Freundlich                           ggf at lucent.com
>Lucent Technologies                       office: +1 303 538 2899
>11900 N. Pecos                            fax: +1 303 538 3907
>Westminster, Colorado 80234  USA

***  +1-503-264-8816(voice)              Intel - Hillsboro, OR.
    ***
***  mailto:jim.toga at intel.com         mailto:james.toga at ties.itu.int ***
***  PGP keyID 36 07 86 49 7D 74 DF 57  50 CB BA 32 08 9C 7C 41 ***