standard.pictel.com offline Wednesday

Robert Webber webber at MAGICLAND.PICTEL.COM
Tue Jul 21 21:01:35 EDT 1998

Attention users of services on standard.pictel.com!

Please be aware that the system standard.pictel.com may be unavailable from
10:30 AM until approximately 2:00 PM Eastern US time tomorrow, 21 July 1998.

This period of inaccessibility will be due to corporate requirements for
the full bandwidth of our connection to the Internet during that time.  The
server will continue to run throughout any disconnection, and will be
available as soon as connectivity is restored.

The LBC, APC, and Video Coding file repositories for ITU-T SG 16, as well
as the Q.20/16 mailing list will be affected by the disconnection.  Mailing
list submissions will be queued outside PictureTel's subnet during the
outage and delivered once service is restored.

Ftp and http sessions may be abruptly terminated when service is suspended.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by suspension of services.

Bob Webber
PictureTel Corporation