Strategy for standardisation of text conversation protocols

Gunnar Hellstrom gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Wed Jan 21 16:05:53 EST 1998

A TD has been delivered to the ITU today, describing alternate strategies for standardisation of text conversation protocols. It is the same issue that has been up for discussion many times last year - can we rely on T.120 as the base for data comms in multimedia or do we need to produce environment specific protocols.

The document is named Q9-16textstrategy.doc and is also stored in Q9/16 informal web area http://www.pi.se/~omnitor/standd.htm  where you can find all other Q9/16 related documents that have been submitted to me.

I hope we can assign a time slot for example during the joint sessions on Friday to reach a conclusion on this issue.

Best regards
Gunnar Hellström

Gunnar Hellström
Sweden