H.mediaMIB

George Kajos gkajos at VIDEOSERVER.COM
Tue Feb 10 08:02:00 EST 1998

Kaynam,

In the case of uni-directional logical channels, the portNumber field is
only available in the OpenLogicalChannel message, and so that is the one
that must be used in all cases.

I think that the terminal that receives the OpenLogicalChannel message
will have access to the calling party information in the Q.2931 message,
and so the port number will only be necessary to distinguish VCs opened
by the same terminal. And I would hope that that terminal could choose
portNumbers uniquely.

Best regards

Mike

* Mike Nilsson                     Tel:   +44 1473 645413              *
* Video Processing Unit            Fax:   +44 1473 643791              *
* Centre for Human Communications  Email: mike.nilsson at bt-sys.bt.co.uk *
* BT Laboratories [MLB3/11]                                            *
* Martlesham Heath                                                     *
* Ipswich IP5 7RE                                                      *
* UK                                                                   *