User Information or Information in H.225.0

Pete Cordell pete.cordell at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Feb 20 08:43:58 EST 1998

Glen,

On closer examination there seem to be a few errors in Table 4/H.225.0.
The 6th paragraph of section 7.1/H.225.0 (white paper at least) says
that the "The procedures of Q.931/Section 3.1 for circuit mode
connection setup are followed."  According to this section the messages
"User Information" and "Congestion Control" do not apply.  They are used
in the call-independent signalling part that we are not using.

Also "Status Inquiry" is spelt "Status Enquiry" in Q.931 (not that I
would know what is the right form!!!).

We need to go with option 1 of your suggestions.  The Information
message is what we need for overlap sending.  The description part of
7.3.6 is correct for the "Information" message (including the reference
to the table in Q.931).

If we can silently remove "Congestion Control" at the same time so much
the better!!!!!

Regards,

Pete
Pete Cordell