H.245 OCTET STRINGs

Mike Nilsson mike.nilsson at BT-SYS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Feb 18 04:29:11 EST 1998

Jim,

I think it is just a matter of compiler options.

We are using the OSS tools. If no options are set, there are many such
warnings, and the resulting H.245 structure is about 32 Mbytes. This
seems to be because by default all parts of the structure (except object
IDs) are included, as specified, in a union.

To eliminate the warnings and reduce the structure size to something
manageable we have used the options
--<LINKED SET OF, SEQUENCE OF , OCTET STRING>--

This causes the compiler to create a structure with pointers to objects
rather than a structure with the objects included directly.

Best regards

Mike

* Mike Nilsson                     Tel:   +44 1473 645413              *
* Video Processing Unit            Fax:   +44 1473 643791              *
* Centre for Human Communications  Email: mike.nilsson at bt-sys.bt.co.uk *
* BT Laboratories [MLB3/11]                                            *
* Martlesham Heath                                                     *
* Ipswich IP5 7RE                                                      *
* UK                                                                   *