Invitation to the Monterey meeting (98/02/15-19)

Sakae OKUBO okubo at GITI.OR.JP
Sun Dec 13 18:15:39 EST 1998

      e-mail: okubo at giti.or.jp

From: Sebestyen Istvan    ICN WN ES SP 4 <Istvan.Sebestyen at icn.siemens.de>
To: 'garys at python.pictel.com',
Cc: "'toga at ideal.jf.intel.com'" <toga at ideal.jf.intel.com>,"'Deepak Kamlani'"
<Bigi at itu.int>,"'mcollier at cwixmail.com'"
<mcollier at cwixmail.com>,"'pierre-andre.probst at swisscom.com'"
<pierre-andre.probst at swisscom.com>,"'georgeh at pictel.com'"
<georgeh at pictel.com>,"'federico.tosco at cselt.it'"<federico.tosco at cselt.it>
Subject: Joint Rapporteurs Group Meeting of the ITU-T/SG16/Q.11, Q.12,
Q.13, Q.14, Q.15 hosted by IMTC
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:26:54 +0100

Dear Friends,

this message comes now in my capacity as IMTC BoD Member, who has been
involved in organizing the hosting the ITU-T Joint Rapp. Meeting for
SG16 Q.11-15.

First of all, the IMTC is very pleased to organize this important
event,and we are trying to make this event as successful as
possible.We have been working hard on the organizational details
together with some of the ITU-T Rapporteurs, the IMTC BoD members and
of course the IMTC Secretariat, especially Georgia Lund, to have a
smooth organization.

Monterey in California is a great location, it even takes up with the
in February snowy, rainy and foggy Geneva!

For any additional details, questions, requests etc. please contact
Georgia, the IMTC Secretariat or myself.

I think, now everything should be under control and in a good shape,so
the invitation E-Mail (with the Hotel Registration Form) should go out
in order to have a smooth registration process.

I would like to ask the appropriate Rapporteurs, especially Mr. Okubo
/Skran to put the invitation message (probably as one of the first
official documents of their meeting) out for the Q.12-14 folks ("APC
Group"), then Mr. Geary from Q.11 to the Circuit Switched Group, and
finally Mr. Sullivan to the Q.15Video group.

Please note, that the document distribution / handling at the meeting
will be electronic (i.e. people must bring their laptops along).
Currently we have only central PCs as file servers, distribution will
take place by diskettes. It would be nice to have a LAN solution in
place, but that can not be provided by the IMTC. Any contribution,
help from the ITU-T side is most welcome to improve the infrastucture.

Similarly, we know that Q.15 will have their demo equipment in
place,but as usual, Q.15 shall take care of getting, installing,
operating, etc.of those.

I have a final request to the Rapporteurs (I think the decision is in
their hands): The IMTC has 145 members, some of them small companies
who are normally directly not participating in ITU-T standardization.
If possible,the IMTC would also like to invite its members to the ITU-
T Rapp. meeting,to give each member the chance to  get a better
feeling for how the standardization is done, may be to contribute, and
may be also give them the incentive to participate in future in the
ITU-T standardization work, if they like it,and if they see benefits
in it. Of course, they have to follow all the rules the Rapporteurs
set up  for running the meeting. I am sure that ITU-T will also
benefit to get some fresh views from outside its normal
participation.If we get the above permission we will invite the IMTC
membership.

I wish for all of us a successful organization, meeting and Marry X-
mas+ Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
Istvan Sebestyen
Dr. Istvan Sebestyen