H.225.0 Annex G conference call

Glen Freundlich ggf at lucent.com
Fri Aug 28 17:25:01 EDT 1998

There will be another conference call to discuss H.225.0 Annex G:
        date: 4 September 1998 (Friday)
        time: 9:00am Mountain Time (8:00 Pacific, 11:00 Eastern, etc)
        bridge number: +1 630-224-4444
        code: 911202
        duration: 1 hour

Tentative agenda (time permitting):
        - review of Pete Cordell's proposal
        - review of Radhika Roy's proposal
        - review of Andrew Draper's proposal

Notes from the last call:

We started by trying to reach some closure on Santo Wiryaman's proposal.
Points from the discussion:

- All border elements should be required to support H.225 V2 for newly
defined alias addresses (especially email-id)

- If some form of hierarchy is imposed, who controls the root node in
the hierarchy?

- Private networks have different numbering schemes than the public
network, so addresses cannot be resolved through the hierarchy in the
public network.

- Number portability is common in private networks, so using a hierarchy
in private networks to aid address resolution may not be totally
beneficial.

- We may need some form of indirection or re-routing in the address
resolution to support notions like number portability. How does this
work in the telephone network, for example to resolve 800 numbers?

- Can we rely on, or benefit from, mobile IP mechanisms? Will this solve
mobility for free?

- Call signaling (i.e., Setup message) and address resolution (annex G
protocol, various existing RAS messages) may follow different paths.

For those who were on the last call, please correct me if I've missed
something.

Glen

Glen Freundlich                           ggf at lucent.com
Lucent Technologies                       office: +1 303 538 2899
11900 N. Pecos                            fax: +1 303 538 3907
Westminster, Colorado 80234  USA