ARQ/ACF

WanJiun Liao wjliao at EEE.HKU.HK
Thu Aug 27 00:30:07 EDT 1998

Roy,

    Sorry, I just joined, and maybe have missed the disscussion of the
following questions. I am a bit confused about how they are handled.

----
In a distributed gatekeeper architecture of multiple zones environment,

say, the H.245 control channel topology looks like as follows:

       E1 ----- GK -------E2
               / | \
              /  |  \
             /   |   \
            E3   E4  E5

E1 is in zone 1, E2 is in zone 2, and (E3,E4,E5) are in zone 3.
(the corresponding gatekeeper in each zone is denoted to GKi)

GK is a gatekeeper that contains an active MC for multipoint conference
ocntrol.

1. Should GK has to be in one of {zone1, zone2, zone3)?

2. If endpoint F in in zone 4 would like to join the conference,
     F must send an ARQ to GK4 before any setup to join the conf. (because
     GK4 is in charge of the admission for call bandwidth etc. local
     resources.)
   Should GK4 forwards ARQ to GK that has the MC?? F should not use any
   resources in the zone of GK is responsible for.
or F has to, because H.245 control message exchanges also consume the
   reources?
or some others?

Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Regards,