ccMail SMTPLINK Undeliverable Message

ccMail SMTPLINK mail_admin0 at SMTPLINK.ACER.COM
Fri Aug 21 09:42:39 EDT 1998

The problem is the the visited GK might (and probably) control firewalls and
other QoS and security devices. Therefore it needs to know what my terminal
is doing, and may disagree with the replies of my home GK.
Also for security reasons my home GK may be restricted to receiving xRQs
from the local zone and from specific GKs, and may reject xRQs sent from the
open internet.

However, I agree with you that if there are no security or QoS issues, the
GK is just a  super directory that also controls access to gateways and in
this case the terminal could contact his home GK directly.