ARQ/ACF

Roy, Radhika R, ALTEC rrroy at ATT.COM
Thu Aug 27 06:26:33 EDT 1998

W. Liao
WanJiun:

I am in Wash DC, and will be answering your question very shortly.

Regards,
Radhika

        ----------
        From:  WanJiun Liao [SMTP:wjliao at EEE.HKU.HK]
        Sent:  Thursday, August 27, 1998 12:30 AM
        To:  ITU-SG16 at MAILBAG.INTEL.COM
        Subject:  ARQ/ACF

        Roy,

            Sorry, I just joined, and maybe have missed the disscussion of
the
        following questions. I am a bit confused about how they are handled.

        ----
        In a distributed gatekeeper architecture of multiple zones
environment,

        say, the H.245 control channel topology looks like as follows:

               E1 ----- GK -------E2
                       / | \
                      /  |  \
                     /   |   \
                    E3   E4  E5

        E1 is in zone 1, E2 is in zone 2, and (E3,E4,E5) are in zone 3.
        (the corresponding gatekeeper in each zone is denoted to GKi)

        GK is a gatekeeper that contains an active MC for multipoint
conference
        ocntrol.

        1. Should GK has to be in one of {zone1, zone2, zone3)?

        2. If endpoint F in in zone 4 would like to join the conference,
             F must send an ARQ to GK4 before any setup to join the conf.
(because
             GK4 is in charge of the admission for call bandwidth etc. local
             resources.)
           Should GK4 forwards ARQ to GK that has the MC?? F should not use
any
           resources in the zone of GK is responsible for.
        or F has to, because H.245 control message exchanges also consume
the
           reources?
        or some others?

        Please advise. Thanks a lot.