H.225.0 Annex G conference call

Glen Freundlich ggf at lucent.com
Wed Aug 19 14:18:00 EDT 1998

Please see my responses editted in below.

Regards,
Glen

Roy, Radhika R, ALTEC wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> I have few comments on the revised Annex G writeup.
>
> 1. The title is OK
> 2. The scope is not OK. As we talked last time that the scope should be
> extended to include the following:
>         *       Inter-Gatekeeper Communications within a Domain
>         *       Inter-Gatekeeper Communications Between (Administrative)
> Domains

Did we have consensus on that opinion? If so, I'll change the text and I
apologize for missing that. I remember saying that the stake I was
placing in the ground was that the protocol is the same for both of
these (and some text in the annex states that). Until we have something
that shows otherwise I see no reason to change the basic direction of
the annex.

In Yokosuka we set the focus of Annex G to be communication between
administrative domains. If we start broadening the scope we run the risk
of delaying the annex.

Glen Freundlich                           ggf at lucent.com
Lucent Technologies                       office: +1 303 538 2899
11900 N. Pecos                            fax: +1 303 538 3907
Westminster, Colorado 80234  USA